Monday, September 26, 2022

Some good birds around

Prospect pulled off a hat trick with three good birds while Greenwood cemetery yielded one.

In Prospects Vale of cashmere, both a Hooded warbler and Yellow breasted chat were reported. The continuing Hooded moved a little ways from yesterday's Zucker play area to a mulch trail with dead trees according to the observer. I'm not sure exactly where this is unless its the trail with wood railing.The Chat was seen on the north slope of the Vale presumably the steps to the Rose garden, in jewelweed.

The third good Prospect rarity is the Common Gallinule. Look for the waterbird at Music Island if its there tomorrow from the Rinks War Memorial.

Last, over at Greenwood, a gorgeous male adult Mourning warbler pipped out along Landscape Ave .

--
"It is the glistening autumnal side of summer. I feel a cool vein in the breeze, which braces my thought, and I pass with pleasure over sheltered and sunny portions of the sand where the summer's heat is undiminished, and I realize what a friend I am losing." – Henry David Thoreau