Monday, October 6, 2014

Fwd: Injured Northern Waterthrush near Binnen Falls 10/5 afternoon

fyi birders


-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Ozawa 
To: prosbird <prosbird@aol.com>
Sent: Sun, Oct 5, 2014 11:54 pm
Subject: Injured Northern Waterthrush near Binnen Falls 10/5 afternoon

Peter, 
I thought I should let you know that I saw an injured Northern Waterthrush on Sunday afternoon near Binnen Falls, feeding in the grass beneath the large maple tree on the Boathouse side of the bridge (the tree stands out as one of the few there changing colors for fall). The bird was still able to feed, but it walks on the back of its right foot, limping along. It was coming quite close to people and flying weakly. I saw Kathy Horvath at the Raptor Festival on the peninsula and she suggested that if I could catch the bird, they would bring it back to the WINORR rehab center. Unfortunately, my attempt to bring the bird in was not successful. If you or other birders are in the area, please keep an eye out for this bird. 

Yours, 

Eric