Monday, April 29, 2024

Prospect Park, Kings, New York, United States - eBird Hotspot Super Monday

https://ebird.org/hotspot/L109516

This is a day that alot of working people including myself - but alas I had to do an allstaff bare root planting -wished they had the day off.

With southern warm air flow, that's what migrating birds want to accelerate their night flight. As expected Prospect Park saw 108 species from collective effort of birders including a top notched Caspian tern. There's lots of good stuff but I know without counting there had to be at least 17 species warblers on my best guess. The link is above and I'll leave you the counting. ( I don't wanna look)

Finally free after work at 4 I took my time birding. I was able to spot Solitary Sandpiper at the southeast corner of the Upper Pool, sort of hard to see without the hard angle from the back view. With warblers I picked up 4 new year species- black throated blue, northern parula,northen waterthrush and Black and white. I figure regardless where I go ,I should be able to achieve my goal of 25. Gone are my youthful days where I would regularly see 32 to 35 warblers every spring most years then. Aahhh youth,how fast it goes.

Ps I couldn't resist the urge, I counted 23 warbler species. Dang....😢

Yutori(Japanese): intentionally slowing down to simply be,breathe, listen and approach the beauty of nature and life.
  Consciously creating space to relax, reflect,and integrate rather than being constantly busy or rushed.