Saturday, April 18, 2015

Fwd: Prothonotary in PP Sat 4.18.15

From Gerald S.


Sent from my MetroPCS 4G Wireless Phone


-------- Original message --------
From: Gerald Slevin <geraldslevin@gmail.com>
Date:04/18/2015 6:14 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: prosbird@aol.com
Cc:
Subject: Prothonotary in PP Sat 4.18.15

Hi Peter. Gerald Slevin here. I met you last Fall on Lookout Hill and you recommended some good upstate birding spots for me. Just wanted to thank you for your blog. It's a great resource.  I check it almost daily.

Today was a great day overall.  Rachel and I saw 5 warbler species. Pine, Palm, Myrtle, BnW, and a brilliant Prothonotary Warbler right between the peninsula and Terrace bridge! It was very cooperative and I managed to take this photo through binoculars with my phone. Please feel free to post the pic to your blog. Also attached is our list for today.  The Merganser is still hanging around. It was seated in the mud on the Peninsula. 

Thanks and good birding, -Gerald