Friday, September 16, 2016

Fwd: Virginia Rail: Prospect Park, Kings Co.; NY




-----Original Message-----
From: Rafael Guillermo Campos-Ramírez <ticornis@yahoo.com>
Sent: Fri, Sep 16, 2016 2:09 pm
Subject: Virginia Rail: Prospect Park, Kings Co.; NY

Hola todos:

For 2nd day in a row, this small rail, Rallus limicola (Virginia Rail) has been seen around the N shore of the lake.  
I went there this morning, but I was told by another birder that the rail flew from the original spot that was seen yesterday and early this morning.  For almost 20-30 minutes, I looked around, but no luck.  But I moved the original location, and here was the rail.  I was lucky enough to take these photos (attached) of this elusive creature.

Enjoy the pictures, and visit: ticornis.tumblr.com

Brooklyn is great birding!!!