Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Fwd: eBird Report - Prospect Park--Feeders, Jan 30, 2018

IN an otherwise subpar winter year for Prospect feeders, even the sight of 26 RED WINGED BLACKBIRDS and 7 NORTHERN CARDINAL  rouses attention.

With no rarities so far , in what is an off year , enjoyment of the feeder birds comes in the realm of little moments, like seeing a large flock of blackbirds that even Ebird questioned me for the number reported. ( Believe me , Ebird, I KNOW BLACKBIRDS)

Having all those cardinals, a RED BELLIED WOODPECKER,  and a WHITE BREASTED NUTHATCH adds "suspense".

I'm waiting for the Groundhog to tell me 6 more weeks of winter is forthcoming...I got plenty of seed left.


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <ebird-checklist@cornell.edu>
Date: Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 3:04 PM
Subject: eBird Report - Prospect Park--Feeders, Jan 30, 2018
To: prosbird@gmail.com


Prospect Park--Feeders, Kings, New York, US
Jan 30, 2018
Protocol: Incidental
10 species

Mourning Dove  2
Red-bellied Woodpecker  1
Downy Woodpecker  1
White-breasted Nuthatch  1
White-throated Sparrow  4
Song Sparrow  1
Northern Cardinal  7
Red-winged Blackbird  26     flock I counted well
House Finch  9
House Sparrow  12

View this checklist online at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S42370471

This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (http://ebird.org)