Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Fwd: Today's bird report (late)



Sent from AOL Mobile Mail


-----Original Message-----
From: gregory beltre <gregorybeltre@yahoo.com>
To: Peter Dorosh <prosbird@gmail.com>; Prospect Park Bird Reporting <Prosbird@aol.com>
Sent: Wed, Jan 3, 2018 10:59 PM
Subject: Today's bird report (late)


Hi Peter,
Happy New Year!

Today, there were lots of ducks in the air, but very few were coming down to the open hole that's left. Perhaps, they were looking for a less crowded water hole.
In addition, I noticed a hight flying great blue heron, it head South. There were very few hawks around. I only saw what looked like a Merlin for a brief second.
The feeders had very little action.

While seated waiting for some action by the water hole I noticed a seagull with what appeared to be a fishing lure. Once the bird came back around I was able to take this shot. I was amazed this is my very first tagged seagull, ever.
Later, these two Canada geese came down to the water hole also. They were here last winter. I reported them last year.




Best regards,
Gregory Beltre