Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Post work birding and reports

It was pretty chippy out there!

Walking across the Long Meadow from my Tennis House office building, I stopped before quick flying birds alighting upon Red Maple limbs. Six CHIPPING SPARROWS were looking cool next to the deep red maple buds,red capped birds with sharp looking black eye lines. The spot was just before entering the turn into Esdale Bridge.

I read tweets from Charles that Pine and Palm Warblers- high and low in the dreary bad light are dominating the tree line by ballfield 4 that is adjacent to the dog beach meadow. I don't even try with the bad light a difficult task for me anyway.Pines and Palms look better on the ground.

At the Lake,Ruddy ducks remain while the distance I saw long winged swallows, obviously Barns winging it in the cold fog and drizzle.