Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Post work report

A quest for the Evening Grosbeak proved successful for me.

After striking out for the Vesper Sparrow near field 7, I ran into Joshua. He said he just saw the Grosbeak. So obviously I made a beeline. I arrived at the top of the western middle Lullwater where several birders were looking at the bird.many thanks to Ryan G getting me on this special bird. It was eating locust like seeds and it was lucky it was there as about 7 minutes later it flew towards the southwest Nethermead area where it was first reported by Bobbi M. The Lullwater spot is at the nethermead south edge just past the lawn triangle.

The Vesper Sparrow impacted by afternoon ballplayers retreated to the woods. Jen K said she saw it in London Plane tree adjacent to the bridle trail. Hopefully I'll get that bird tomorrow.