Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Sparrowbowl stuff

A day after a female Bobolink was reported by Radka, a few observations were noted in the Sparrowbowl.

While I was birding the fifteen minutes before noon in Sparrowbowl,I observed flocks of Common Grackles flying over. This was after I heard birders there reporting Wilson's warbler and Blue headed Vireo. A few sparrow species- still below expected numbers were seen nothing unusual. A good bird though was spotted later by Kathy T,a White eyed Vireo.

Meanwhile to the south above Prospect's Well house,Karen O'hearn reported Orange crowned Warbler on the restored hillside.

I took a late afternoon walk along southwest Lake and saw things,happy to see something on this gorgeous fall day. My list from the Hammerhead west cove included Yellow rumped Warblers,Common Yellowthroat and Red winged Blackbirds. In Willow Swamp, a western Palm warbler and Gray Catbird  made my moment.

Someone asked me about the Bobolink I missed posting yesterday. The truth is I only follow 22 Twitter accounts ( tho I have 600+ followers) whose handlers post only high quality species. This makes my time precious as I have no desire to be inundated by tweets about everything-  from common birds,general stuff ,even political opinions-- all day.  That's the way i keep life tranquil especially during work hours 😉

Late note: reported in Vale Cashmere: late Scarlet Tanager & Rose breasted grosbeak