Monday, April 6, 2015

An elusive Lousiana Waterthrush

The LOUISIANA WATERTHRUSH (LOWA)  spotted early this morning on the path behind the Upper Pool put on an erratic schedule. Rafael Campos spotted the first time, then late morning Eni Falci observed it on the lower Ravine Creek on the north side of Three Arches Nethermead Bridge.

I came along , no luck as the bird was reported walking upstream. After a search for this bird up stream , with a HOUSE WREN along the way, seen under the timber, no luck with the LOWA though. With my lunch hour half over, I went back to the 3 Arch bridge where I ran into Kathy Toomey who said she saw  the bird. [ DRAT!]. It apparently was seen also on the south side of the bridge, walking upstream.

Will Pollard was around and I told him where LOWA was. About 45 minutes later, he tweeted seeing LOWA in the Ravine midsection, seen from the bridle trail. So , an elusive skulker of sorts with this bird. I will try my luck after work....

Some other usual sightings to report.WOOD DUCK in the Upper pool is the other notable sighting as well as  HERMIT THRUSH by Falkill Falls. Single birds of RUBY CROWNED KINGLET, GOLDEN CROWED KINGLET & BROWN CREEPER along the Ambergill creek were observed.

Now I just gotta get that sneaky Louisiana !