Date: Thu, Jan 7, 2021, 5:14 PM
Subject: [eBird Alert] Kings County Rare Bird Alert <hourly>
*** Species Summary:
- Iceland Gull (1 report)
- Black Vulture (1 report)
Thank you for subscribing to the <hourly> Kings County Rare Bird Alert.The report below shows observations of rare birds in Kings County. View or unsubscribe to this alert at https://ebird.org/alert/summary?sid=SN35645
NOTE: all sightings are UNCONFIRMED unless indicated.
eBird encourages our users to bird safely, responsibly, and mindfully. Please follow the recommendations of your local health authorities and respect any active travel restrictions in your area. For more information visit: https://ebird.org/news/please-bird-mindfully
Iceland Gull (Larus glaucoides) (1)
- Reported Jan 07, 2021 12:00 by Kathleen Toomey
- Bush Terminal Piers Park, Kings, New York
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=40.6541609,-74.0204451&ll=40.6541609,-74.0204451
- Checklist: https://ebird.org/checklist/S78841247
- Comments: "Hanging out with Ring-billed Gulls, in the same place as yesterday (close to the Osprey nest platform). A juvenile, creamy white with pale tan spotting and an all dark bill. Larger than the nearby Ring-bills, about the same as a nearby Herring Gull. Photo"
Black Vulture (Coragyps atratus) (1)
- Reported Jan 07, 2021 13:43 by Tina Alleva
- Prospect Park, Kings, New York
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=40.6602841,-73.9689534&ll=40.6602841,-73.9689534
- Checklist: https://ebird.org/checklist/S78841283
- Comments: "Saw twice. Once briefly from below lookout and later circling high above breeze hill heading towards lake. Stocky vulture with short tail. Non-teetering flight and white patch only at end of the wings."
You received this message because you are subscribed to eBird's Kings County Rare Bird Alert
Manage your eBird alert subscriptions: