Monday, June 6, 2016

warm day observations in Prospect

During my work morning, a few things of note on this warm post migration day.

During a stop at the rink ( Lakeside), I happened to look up and see an  OSPREY flying up and down the southern Lullwater. Very likely I would think maybe the nesting Osprey of Bush Terminak given its proximity.

At Maryland Monument while I took care of invasive maples, a female ORCHARD ORIOLE appeared, a good sign of a breeding bird. We had nesting Orchards in the past here.

Then I ran into Ed Crowne. During the break, Ed mentioned he heard a soft singing MOURNING WARBLER in the MIdwood yesterday.Unfortunately, while waiting for the bird to hopefully appear, two large offleashed dogs disturbed the site and bye bye Mourning.Its critical folks keep dogs leashed in wooded areas as Park rules dictated in the second paragraph of the link

https://www.prospectpark.org/visit-the-park/general-info/rules-and-safety/dog-walking/