Thursday, October 19, 2023

Purple Gallinule hangs around

Today just after lunch I sort of got lucky. After away since Saturday on a Berkshires leaf peeping vacation, a Purple Gallinule rewarded me with its overextended stay.

Having run into Ryan Mandlebaum after my lunch hour at Southwest Nethermead, he mentioned he had just seen the Gallinule in  very good proximity. I figured even though I wasn't high on getting it,I figured what the heck. Upon arrival, two birders were already looking at it;so did I and boy was it close! Feeding like a grackle or better described a rusty blackbird, it was flipping leaves in the underbrush. In any sense, it cooperated very well.

For the location if anyone still seeks it, the shore line habitat at the bottom of Breeze Hill hairpin path towards the metal bollards but before it is the spot.Otherwise it might move in the direction of the Terrace bridge.Though, methinks it'll stick around here where I observed it.



"Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished" --Lao Tzu