Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Greenwood cemetery rept Rafael Campos

After I read yesterday report (s) about the Woodcock in GWC, this morning I made it there.

I followed the directions to the area where this sps was seen.  Getting to the area, here is the 1st Woodcock.  I took some pictures (see them at ticornis.tumblr.com) of this individual.  Later, near the junction  of Landscape & Hillock Avs, I flushed the 2nd one.  And the 3rd one, also flushed was at Mossy Path.

Other bird sps seen at GWC, were: Red-tailed Hawk, Monk Parakeet, Northern Mockingbird, Fox Sparrow, Dark-eyed Junco, White-breasted Nuthatch, Cooper's Hawk, Son Sparrow, Red-bellied Woodpecker.

Most of the water is still frozen, so, the only waterfowl sps seen were Canada Geese.

Brooklyn is great birding:
    Rafael Campos R.

Rafael G. Campos R
Reply