Tuesday, March 31, 2015

More firsts GREG and EABL

More first arrivals this morning, one by land and one by sea ( well...water) with appearance of  EASTERN BLUEBIRD and GREAT EGRET.

The EASTERN BLUEBIRD reported by Sean Zimmer, that I reacted by his report at lunchtime, was seen in the trees between the east slope of the Tennis House and the Upper Pool elm grove. I spotted the bluebird in trees on the north side of the cross path thru Long Meadow by the wood bench that overlooks the Sparrow Bowl not far from the Tennis house. It was a single male bird.Thanks to Sean for the heads up.

Around the lake as I passed by in my work vehicle, I spotted a GREAT EGRET perched on Duck Island facing the Gazebo.A lone GREAT BLUE HERON was in the same area on Duck Island. But more Great Blues more closely perched on Three Sisters Islands adds more beauty...

Keep them coming ,O chilly spring  ....