---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wednesday, September 16, 2020
Subject: [eBird Alert] Kings County Rare Bird Alert <hourly>
*** Species Summary:
- Mourning Warbler (1 report)
Thank you for subscribing to the <hourly> Kings County Rare Bird Alert.The report below shows observations of rare birds in Kings County. View or unsubscribe to this alert at https://ebird.org/alert/
NOTE: all sightings are UNCONFIRMED unless indicated.
eBird encourages our users to bird safely, responsibly, and mindfully. Please follow the recommendations of your local health authorities and respect any active travel restrictions in your area. For more information visit: https://ebird.org/news/please-
Mourning Warbler (Geothlypis philadelphia) (1)
- Reported Sep 16, 2020 06:40 by Linda Ewing
- Prospect Park, Kings, New York
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=
- Checklist: https://ebird.org/checklist/
- Comments: "Initially misidentified as Nashville (Mourning was my first thought, but I talked myself out of it). Seen and photographed later by Tripper in the same area (along stairs between Vale & Rose Garden). Gray head that extended a bit onto its chest in a kind of open collar, white eye ring (to me it appeared unbroken, prominent), olive back, entirely yellow below. I called it Nashville based on eye ring, even though it lacked the white belly (between chest and coverts) I'd expect in a Nashville. Tripper shared his photo and it was without a doubt the same bird."
You received this message because you are subscribed to eBird's Kings County Rare Bird Alert
Manage your eBird alert subscriptions: