Sunday, December 13, 2020

A Coopers at the feeders

 My late afternoon Prospect walk had a good ending.  Its not often to see a Coopers hawk having some fun.

When I arrived at the feeders after a easterly circuit of the lake,I was unaware of the Cooper s presence.It was when I saw a large hape-a whir- fly above the feeders that I realized it was a hawk. I saw it perched among various limbs ,the raptor taking off after Birds within the feeders perimeter. Because of dense tangles it was unable to get any prey protected by branches and brush on the gound.I have to confess I was truly relishing the moment.

All this time the Cooper s was busy flying around,the chick fees kept on feeding at the feeders.They must've realized Cooper's don't care for little snacks.

As soon as the Cooper s gave up its exhausting exploits and left,all the birds came back. It was as if life was normal again so let the party roll on!

https://ebird.org/checklist/S77460891