Monday, December 21, 2020

Summary west coast Brooklyn piers

I'm on vacation this week so some relaxing birding helps make the staycation. And for me getting a new county bird its a good start.

On my two visits to Brooklyn Army Terminal (BAT) Pier it was my second visit in the afternoon that bought a winner. Thanks to Bobbi Manian pointing my scope towards the back seawall in south cove,I got my new county boid, the King Eider . I was able to view it multiple times the celebre to get the sun on my back for better light on the rare duck. It was working the area, even going into the smaller cove in front of the NYPD boats. It eventually came out and crossed the water to the pier.

Two ICELAND GULLS were reported at BAT and Bush Terminal Pier Park. Both were immatures ; given the short time between the BAT bird and Bush it's likely two Iceland Gulls.

I would have spent more time at Bush Terminal Park but all the parking lot spots were taken by employees of the nearby businesses. I was under the understanding these spaces were for the park visitors.Weekdays are horrible for visiting by car so arrive early as possible to bird Bush Terminal park.