Monday, April 24, 2023

Hot vale cashmere, onward home

Popping up with good sightings, the region around and within the Vale Cashmere marks the last section for migrants on their homeward bound breeding territories. And today several  good species showed that.

First, the Evening Grosbeak is finally making his move. In the forest between the Vale and Grand Army Plaza park entrance it was spotted in that area. I wouldn't be surprised if it took off tonight for home.

Backtracking abit, the Summer Tanager appeared in a number of spots  in the Vale . Following suit, my supervisor mentioned seeing a Scarlet Tanager in the children's pool. I have to get over there to see my spark bird first seen in my spring of 1975, 48 years ago. My ,how the time flies!

In the Vale,reports of Orchard Orioles circulated indicating arrival of this pretty species.

In our neighboring green space Greenwood cemetery, the female Hooded Warbler continues its presence at the yews of southwestern Sylvan Water while Black Vulture was spotted above.