Sunday, July 27, 2014

Fwd: Lookout Hill 26 July 2014

 

 

Sent from my MetroPCS 4G Android device

 

 

 

------ Original Message ------
From: William Earp
Date: 7/26/2014 11:55 AM
To: Peter;prosbird@gmail.com;
Subject: Lookout Hill 26 July 2014

 

Hi Pete

My last visit to PP for a bit- I fly back to UK  today.

Scrappy record shots of f or imm Ruby Throated Hummingbird and what I think must be the 2 Orchard Orioles that people have reported recently. They were all in the area of the flower meadow and surrounding trees at the top of Lookout Hill this morning. I have  tried to select a couple to show the relevant field characters of the Orioles, which showed continuous yellow underneath, and two well defined wing bars (though I think Baltimore do as well).They also looked smaller than Baltimore.

The Hummingbird - of course- dodged behind the flower when  I got the camera on it! And didnt stick around.

Also about: Cedar Waxwings, several today and up to a dozen yesterday.
                   Yellow Warblers in several places on  Lookout Hill and the Peninsula.

Thank you very much for your help and encouragement on this visit and always. I will try to send in a comment about Jamaica Bay when I get home, and copy you in.

With best wishes- as one of your regulars posters says 'Prospect is good birding!'

William Earp


Begin forwarded message:

From: Madeline Earp <madelineearp@gmail.com>
Date: 26 July 2014 16:32:00 GMT+01:00
To: William Earp and Martha Street <william@earp.me>
Subject: photos