Saturday, March 6, 2021

Brief notes

Top birds reported today:

An EURASIAN WIGEON  as well as a hybride form was seen in Bush Terminal Pier Park the pure bird on the jetty breakwater wall with the. Osprey nest platform. I visit this mid-afternoon with no luck as high winds buffet me.

While there with a passing birders heads up I observed 4 Killdeer in the field between the south cove and the last soccer field.

The Mew Gull was reported at Bush Terminal Park this morning on the jetty wall. I didn't see it on my late visit. 

Rover the Bald Eagle was spotted both in Greenwood Cemetery  presumably by Sylvan Water and Prospect Lake .

Two Common Mergansers remain on Prospect Lake.

Black headed Gull reports came out from Prospect Lake.

No Woodcock reports today even as I scout the cemetery mid morning. This is a lucky shot bird as you need to hit the right spot.