Thursday, December 30, 2021

An afternoon visit to the feeders

In my attempt to observe a rare bird visiting the Prospect feeders, my third visit was a charm. Not only one but the other one showed up both together.

With feeder watchers already present,I stayed back out of bundle of caution. I saw Maggie and we talked about ; eventually time went by and space opened at the fence line. Thereby I took up my fence "post" for best looks at the far platform feeder,my presumption that's where the Dickcissel would show up. It turned out I was wrong,: it was the one -- the blue house-nearest me.

Upon the blue house feeder, there I finally saw the Dickcissel. A nicely plumage bird with lots of showy yellow for a dreary overcast day,I was happy, taking my time to enjoy the bird which cooperated. But nature was kind too to me figuring it'll throw in a bonus bird: the Pine Warbler. Seeing both yellow birds together was an awesome moment indeed.

If you're on the way out past the Lake, don't forget to look for the 5 drake Ring-necked Ducks in the southwest section.