Sunday, October 4, 2015

Fwd: Prospect Park - late morning walk




Sent from my MetroPCS 4G Wireless Phone


-------- Original message --------
From: Sean Zimmer <seankzimmer@gmail.com>
Date:10/04/2015 3:20 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: Peter Dorosh <Prosbird@aol.com>
Cc:
Subject: Prospect Park - late morning walk

Hi Peter,

A late morning walk in Prospect Park turned out to be very productive, with some quality birds. 
The "bird du jour" seems to be  Black-Throated Blue Warblers, which I saw regularly throughout my 2-hour walk. I was surprised to see a pair of Golden-Crowned Kinglets in the ravine (I always think of them as winter birds). 

Aside from the usual suspects, some highlights include:
Ovenbird
American Redstart
Common Yellowthroat
Palm Warbler
Black and White Warbler
Black-Throated Green Warbler
Yellow-Rumped Warbler
Northern Parula
Belted Kingfisher
Red-tailed Hawk
Sharp-shinned Hawk 

Best,

Sean