Monday, January 30, 2023

Amazing report of bald eagle at picnic house

Last Friday I took the day off. It turns out my supervisor and staff were treated to an amazing experience pertaining to the Bald Eagle that has been hanging around in Prospect.

Our office moved from the tennis house to trailers in the parking lot adjacent to the picnic house. From my supervisor's account my coworker texted her to say the Eagle was perched in the large Oak outside the house south corner. And it was calling! A stunned crowd gathered to watch,obviously mesmerized. This never happened having this low perched eagle acting this way here in prospect.

In time the eagle took off,flying over my staff in the lot ,on a low flyover,outstretched wing just looking tremendous.

And I missed it by going to Jones beach.😄 ( but at least I saw a flock of dovekies out there).

--
""What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness."

- John Steinbeck