Clay-colored Sparrow (Spizella pallida) (1)
- Reported Oct 04, 2026 08:37 by K B
- Green-Wood Cemetery, Brooklyn, Kings, New York
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=40.6523083,-73.9904281&ll=40.6523083,-73.9904281
- Checklist: https://ebird.org/checklist/S399128429
- Comments: "Light beak, light chest, patterned back. On trail between sylvan and valley water."
Clay-colored Sparrow (Spizella pallida) (1)
- Reported Oct 04, 2026 08:00 by Joe Trezza
- Green-Wood Cemetery--Dell Water, Kings, New York
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF 8&t=p&z=13&q=40.6492286,-73. 9952976&ll=40.6492286,-73.9952 976
- Checklist: https://ebird.org/checklist/S3 99140507
- Comments: "Continuing from at least yesterday, maybe earlier. Refound atop the slope to Sylvan on Landscape Ave feeding in flock of Chipping Sparrows. Stood out among the dingy brown chipping. Paler overall -- which in the gray overcast came off as brighter overall -- with whiteish eyebrow and throat, Buffy tones and light lores. My camera is in the shop, but I did direct three people towards the bird so hopefully someone got photos
"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns."
— George Eliot
--
- Reported Oct 04, 2026 08:37 by K B
- Green-Wood Cemetery, Brooklyn, Kings, New York
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=40.6523083,-73.9904281&ll=40.6523083,-73.9904281
- Checklist: https://ebird.org/checklist/S399128429
- Comments: "Light beak, light chest, patterned back. On trail between sylvan and valley water."
Clay-colored Sparrow (Spizella pallida) (1)
- Reported Oct 04, 2026 08:00 by Joe Trezza
- Green-Wood Cemetery--Dell Water, Kings, New York
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF
- Checklist: https://ebird.org/checklist/S3
- Comments: "Continuing from at least yesterday, maybe earlier. Refound atop the slope to Sylvan on Landscape Ave feeding in flock of Chipping Sparrows. Stood out among the dingy brown chipping. Paler overall -- which in the gray overcast came off as brighter overall -- with whiteish eyebrow and throat, Buffy tones and light lores. My camera is in the shop, but I did direct three people towards the bird so hopefully someone got photos
"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns."
— George Eliot
--