Thursday, October 9, 2014

Fwd: Did you say you wish for sparrows?



Seen by Tinsley Perky 615 pm 10/9 on the first small spit peninsula from the Well house between first and second phragmite patches "Rail Kingdom" by dirt trail Peninsula NELSONs SPARROW

Click on images to enlarge
I agreed.NELSONs due to no streaking in the supercilium,blurry or diffused breast streaking not fine or sharp streaking in the breast for SharpTailed.( whose streaking go further down the flanks. Also note whiter back bracts ( of course,u have my email address if difference of opinion )

Richer orange upper breast color noted for Nelsons.

The spot is by the Rail marsh. Something about this magical spot.



-----Original Message-----
From: Tinsley Perky
To: Peter Dorosh
Sent: Thu, Oct 9, 2014 9:17 pm
Subject: Did you say you wish for sparrows?


How about a nice sharp-tailed, Nelson's? (Let me know if I got this wrong, never seen one before so I'm going by my book)
On the Lake across from the wellhouse construction (the end of the grassy spit between the phragmites) about 6:15. It was poking around the weeds and leaves at water's edge.