Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Fwd: [ebirdsnyc] COMMON GULL Brooklyn NYC 12-7...



But frost, like the crystallized dreams of autumn, began to coat the clearing with its sugar glaze.     
---Victoria Steele Logue, author






-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Baksh birdingdude@gmail.com [ebirdsnyc] <ebirdsnyc-noreply@yahoogroups.com>
To: nysbirds-l <nysbirds-l@cornell.edu>
Cc: Nyc ebirds <ebirdsnyc@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tue, Dec 8, 2020 03:40 PM
Subject: [ebirdsnyc] COMMON GULL Brooklyn NYC 12-7...


 

I observed and photographed at Bush Army Terminal Pier 4 Kings Co. what I am very sure is a Common Gull (Larus Canus). A first winter type whose centers to lesser and median coverts caught my eye as I was on my way out. A profile image and a back of the camera shot showing the upper tail were sent out for feedback from a few Larophiles, and the consensus is Canus.

If you are on Facebook, two images are posted in the Western Palearctic Gull Group.

 Cheers,
--------
"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." ~ Frederick Douglass

風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire
山 Steady as the mountain

(\__/)
(= '.'=)                                            
(") _ (")                                     
Sent from somewhere in the field using my mobile device! 

Andrew Baksh
www.birdingdude.blogspot.com
__._,_.___

Posted by: Andrew Baksh <birdingdude@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
ebirdsnyc: bird sightings from the NYC area

.

__,_._,___