Friday, June 24, 2022

Celestial beauty of nature

Celestial beauty of nature: the sky cleared this morning with only eastern horizontal clouds that precluded horizon hugging Mercury which I knew was gonna be a tough one to see. But I didn't have to drive. All four planets Venus,mars,Jupiter and Saturn ;and the beautiful crescent moon could be seen from my stoop or the street . All were observes at 420 am. 

Getting a ittle hopeful, I went to prospect lakes western shore to get mercury, but as mentioned before the low clouds prevented the 5 planet bonus even as I waited till 445. Uranus was next to the moon but its too dim to see here. Nevertheless a spectacular display of planets. 

Walking along the park drive for home,two raccoons lumbered across the drive while bats flew overhead. It was indeed a good morning. Ill try again I think Wednesday forecasted clear sky. The 5 planets will display another week  I think.


--

Spring is nature's way of saying, 'Let's party!'

--Robin Williams