Tuesday, October 11, 2022

A timely coffee break

I was working at the Bartel Park entrance when I opened my what App and saw Carl B's tweet. He is observing a Lark Sparrow, a rarity for the park.It was very near my usual coffee break so it's a timely coincidence.

After my Connecticut Muffin visit-- I was in no rush--its head on for ball field 2. This field along with field 3 has been hot lately. When I arrived at field 2 outfield I ran into Joshua who said the Lark Sparrow was hanging around  1st base. Two other birders staked out their spots at the chain link fence.It only took a moment to find my prize.

At the infield edge of the 2nd baseman spot, the Lark Sparrow fed upon grasses near a wooden stake. But patience is required until soon the bird was out in the open . Just a beautiful sparrow to behold.

The other beauty among sparrows today is Lincolns Sparrow. I found one at northwest Nethermead, inside the donor grove ( there's 3) fence enclosure closest to Lookout Hill. Perfectly perched in the fence, this adult bird with beautiful buff ochre breast color through streaks got to me.

Sparrows are in.They're pretty much everywhere. Katie C for example today found a Vesper Sparrow at the Peninsula Sumac grove grassy edges. So I presume you get the idea.

--
"Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall." --F.Scott Fitzgerald