Monday, October 10, 2022

Sometimes its a little bit of luck

In the course of birding,sometimes you get lucky:Not just seeing the good bird but getting a very close look as well. Luck means being in the right place at the right time and looking in the right direction.

That lucky charm for me was the Vesper Sparrow. I stood in the shade of a tree while facing the chain link fence that closed off Prospects ball field 2 & 3. I watched chipping sparrows in different spots , a golden crowned kinglet, a palm warbler but right in fronts of me perched low in the fence for 5 seconds I say was a sparrow with a bright huge white eye ring: the Vesper. It was quick, and soon it was gone ,flying into the outfield. I just was lucky looking that way.

In the next whole hour, I was fortunate, with birding tips to see a young Tennessee Warbler and Eastern Blue bird; thanks to rob Bate and Terry Kim for the sightings. The bluebird perched on  field 2s chain link (1st base side) and the wooden stakes inside.

I don't bird long days much but a few hours with a few great birds is satisfactory for me.

Later information from Ryan M confirmed the Vesper staying put along with Clay colored Sparrow in fields 2/3.

Be sure also to check the island enclosures donor tree sections at Northwest nethermead. Acting on Robs tip, I found magnolia warbler, House wren and blue headed vireo in there. Ill be checking them out from time to time.

--
"Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall." --F.Scott Fitzgerald