Friday, August 30, 2013

Two late developements Rare sightings PP & GWC

First , just after I left work, Keir Randall reported a high soaring BALD EAGLE just east of the Terrace Bridge ( 3:45 pm)

********************************************

The second development regards the Greenwood Cemetery today PROTHONOTARY WARBLER & PHILADELPHIA VIREO,  of which I received photos tonight from Ania Grzesik

Here is Ania's note and photos. They do indeed show a female/immature PROTHONOTARY ( note what I see is more olive head cap) and PHILADELPHIA VIREO in the last two pictures.


Hi Peter,

As promised, here are the Prothonotary Warbler and Philadelphia Vireo pics.  As for the Prothonotary, I've checked 4 different guides/sources, so if it's not, I don't know what else it could be!  The lighting wasn't ideal, but I was able to get it from all angles.


-- 
Ania Grzesik






Philadelphia Vireo
 


*****************************************