Friday, September 23, 2016

Fwd: Marsh Wren Prospect Park, Brooklyn; NY




-----Original Message-----
From: Rafael Guillermo Campos-Ramírez <ticornis@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thu, Sep 22, 2016 3:51 pm
Subject: Marsh Wren Prospect Park, Brooklyn; NY

Hi:

What a surprise today at the Vale.  Around 1015 hrs, I walked into the Vale, and saw a wren in area that is flooded.  It took me a while, to ID it but finally I got it: Marsh Wren.

I took some semi decent pictures, just to document its presence in the park.  By the way, in all these years of birding in PP, it is my first time I see this species of wren here.

Later, I came back around 1 pm, found the bird again, and 3 other birders got to see it, too.  After this, Tom S. and part of the BBC Thursday bird walk group came, and got the chance to see it.  I left the Vale past 2pm.

Here are my lousy pictures.  Enjoy them

Rafa Campos R
ticornis.tumblr.com