Friday, May 17, 2013

Ohio Vacation

Birders and blog readers:

Tomorrow morning , I and Mary leave early for the long drive to Toledo, Ohio. This area or county  is the "Warbler Capital of the World" where previously I observed two Kirtland's Warblers on two different trips. ( the "holy grail" of North American warblers, the rarest )

Are we there  yet ??
With vacation comes minor "disruptions" with this blog. I have my wifi Xoom tablet ( if I am near a router) which leaves species lists unformatted, so a change there, then read slowly. Posts will be in the evenings when convenient.

For twitter recipients, under my rules and uninterrupted intent to enjoy myself birding, my cell phone will be in silent mode, ( or what I call "radio silence" ). Only during lunch time, if I see a rare bird report, then I will forward to the twitter or TWEET it and to this blog simultaneously. But it will be a delayed report.

Hence, to counter this delay of time, you can join the free twitter account and follow birders reports TWEETS  https://twitter.com/BBCKingsbirds

If you are already a twitter-er, then follow who I  FOLLOW ( 12 other birders ) who post only bird reports ( no social media) . If you want to receive cell phone notifications, turn on that person's tweet alerts ( I FOLLOW)  to "receive notifications " by looking for the little man icon button, the menu on that person's/ birder profile ( click on that). Twitter allows you the power to follow or unfollow  AND turn on or turn Off cell phone alerts ( but  you need to input your cell number . Look for "settings" in your account. ). This was my purpose in setting up the BBCKINGSBIRDS twitter account and allow others to freely tweet  rare to uncommon birds, high or unusual  activity in the Brooklyn /Queens boroughs.

I will be back in a week. Hopefully I get to visit a place I been wanting to visit in Erie , PA since I read of it 25 years ago.

Good B'klyn birding

Peter

 for your info on OH birds , check out

www.bsbo.org

and   http://lakeerieohiobirding.info/