Thursday, September 22, 2022

A North wind result

Late afternoon reports around 530 ish to six pm revealed a spectacular over flight and a ring eyed bird.

Ryan G from Greenwood near Ocean hill reported an amazing flight of Common Nighthawks in a spurt numbering 55 birds. At least they were going the legal speed limit.

Over at Prospects Peninsula, birder named Ant reported a Connecticut warbler just before 6 pm. It was traveling on the north shore area just southeast of the pink beach.

Good birds after the big rain. By the way, a friend sent me an Instagram photo showing a lighting bolt hitting a tree on the Peninsula this morning,the photo taken from an apartment home near ocean avenue.


--
"It is the glistening autumnal side of summer. I feel a cool vein in the breeze, which braces my thought, and I pass with pleasure over sheltered and sunny portions of the sand where the summer's heat is undiminished, and I realize what a friend I am losing." – Henry David Thoreau