Saturday, January 11, 2020

Andrew Baksh Ebird Yahoo report from Friday BBRP

eBirds NYC - bird sightings around NYC Group
2 MessagesDigest #5075
1Brooklyn Gulling: BHGU and ICGUs by "Andrew Baksh" birdingdude
2NYC Area RBA: 10 January 2020 by "Gail Benson"
Messages
1Brooklyn Gulling: BHGU and ICGUs
Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:43 pm (PST) . Posted by:"Andrew Baksh" birdingdude
This morning I took a crack at seeing what might be different with the Gull flock at Brooklyn Bridge Park in the early AM hours.

Just after light, I picked out the continuing adult Black-headed Gull (BHGU). Additionally, while sorting through the rest of the Gulls, I found 3 Iceland Gulls (ICGU). One 1CY bird which is likely the one from the other day and two adults. One of them was quite intriguing.

The interesting ICGU, had some black in the primaries and the cowl was somewhat dark giving me a Thayerish vibe. I was able to get some poor digiscope shots but the light was low and they are not of good quality. That gull was eventually pushed off but I missed it as I had turned to sorting out the rest of the flock. It is one to keep an eye out for.

While the morning sorting of the Gull roost was an interesting experiment; for me, the afternoon into evening offered better lighting conditions for those of you wondering.

Good Gulling