Monday, April 22, 2024

A short stroll is a golden oppportunity

 Sunday afternoon I decided to go for a short stroll in Prospect and I succeeded with a golden bird.

I have to confess: I can't get enough of a Prothonotary Warbler. With the one at West Island-- still residing there for several days now --it was too tempting not to go see it. It didn't take me long. Someone pointed it out and I was awarded really excellent looks as the bird foraged on the islands south tip tree; eventually it worked its way along the west shoreline offering great contrast for watching birders and photographers. Sometimes it came toward us for mainland shrubbery and then back. Just a wowza bird.

After an hour I continued on for Three Sisters islands. On the Hammerhead ,I picked up seeing my first seasonal Yellow rumped warbler and a Green heron flying across the lake to land in 3 Sisters.

At one point I took a breather and sat on a bench. And here I was an audience for a probing Pine Warbler ,my favorite, as it moved within an old Mulberry Tree. What a treat!

Sometimes going slow with ease and disregard for big number days is the way to go. 

Happy Earth Day.🌎