Wednesday, April 24, 2024

A bang bang bird

Sometimes I get lucky. Serendipity isn't my strong suite but this afternoon I had quite a treat.

On my way back to finish my work shift at 4, I happened to pass a crowd on the Falkill falls path.Thinking they were looking at a reported Summer Tanager,instead when I asked my friend Joe, hes says " Hooded Warbler",of course I'm going to stop.

What followed was a show by this warbler. Flirting through a large downed oak tree, the gorgeous male Hooded Warbler is an extroverted one,providing close stunning looks- definitely a crowd pleaser. I heard about this bird late morning from Ed Crowne and I was glad to find it --a bang bang bird in that I jammed right into the crowd and get my bird immediately.  

In other reports beside the previous Lower pool Virginia Rail, a Summer Tanager also at Fallkill Falls,was seen at the edge of Upper Pool. A second summer tanager appeared at Greenwood Cemetery Dellwater this afternoon.

--
"No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings." -- William Blake, artist,author