Sunday, April 1, 2018

Chasing warblets

After a holiday filled morning with the family,a stroll for me in mid afternoon to chase warblers in Prospect seemed ideal.

I stopped by Terrace Bridge for one of my favorite Warblers,the Pine Warbler. I found three. Two bright males accompanied a drab female- likely the one the past weeks- in the ash tree on the south side of the bridge. From the bridge top,I had excellent views.Its great seeing this species again .

Then the next target became Louisiana Waterthrush. I had trouble getting this bird because it hid well along the south Ravine creek,affording few looks.With Kathy T and Lenny G already on the scene,I only got a two second look of the bird between the two weirs near 3 Arches Bridge. Later Kathy found the bird in the Binnen creek behind the Pagoda for a brief look.

It doesn't matter: I got my warbler list '18 to a good start.