Sunday, November 8, 2015

Fwd: Laskowski Loop?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Chris Laskowski" <celaskowski@yahoo.com>
Date: Nov 8, 2015 7:00 PM
Subject: Laskowski Loop?
To: "Peter Dorosh" <prosbird@aol.com>, "Peter Dorosh" <prosbird@gmail.com>
Cc:

Hey Peter,

I hope all is well.

I finally got around to doing that walk I was telling you about.  I started at the BBG Eastern Parkway entrance.  I went through the BBG in about an hour and exited the Flatbush Entrance.  Entered Prospect Park on Flatbush went by the boathouse through the lull water to the skating rink, then doubled back along the lake and up lookout and then over by the Quaker Cem to Bartel-Pritchard Square entrance.  Then I went down Prospect Park West to Greenwood.  Spent an hour there and exited on 5th Ave and 34th St. Next it was onto Bush Terminal.  I spent about an hour there too.  The total walk took about 5 and a half hours.  I figured it was about 5-6 miles.  I am going to sleep well tonight.  Let me know if you ever want to give it a try LOL.  Here is what I saw today:


American Robin
Downy Woodpecker
Blue Jay
Common Grackle
Red-tailed Hawk
Northern Mockingbird
Fish Crow
Song Sparrow
Great Black-backed Gull
Herring Gull
Mute Swan
Canada Geese
Double-crested Cormorant
House Sparrow
European Starling
Rock Dove
Dark-eyed Junco
American Goldfinch
Northern Cardinal
Mourning Dove
Monk Parakeet
Red-winged Blackbird
Mallard
Ring-billed Gull
White-breasted Nuthatch
Northern Flicker
Belted Kingfisher
Red-bellied Woodpecker
White-throated Sparrow
American Coot
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
Hermit Thrush
Ruddy Duck
Brant
American Kestrel
Chipping Sparrow
Winter Wren -- BBG
Northern Shoveler
Bufflehead
American Black Duck
Killdeer
American Woodcock -- Flushed 4 at once, two buzzed Peter Paul (I think it was him) which was kinda funny.
Red-headed Woodpecker -- Spot in GW where it was reported.
American Widgeon