Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Continuing orange crowned warbler GWC wildflower meadow valley water

Orange-crowned Warbler (Leiothlypis celata) (1)
- Reported Oct 07, 2026 07:00 by Z .
- Green-Wood Cemetery, Brooklyn, Kings, New York
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=40.6523083,-73.9904281&ll=40.6523083,-73.9904281
- Checklist: https://ebird.org/checklist/S400076805
- Comments: "ok ok I'll pick this fight today. "early" drab gray/yellow nearly featureless plumaged, pointy billed warbler - subtle paler eye arcs. drab/yellow utc. wildflower meadow. Next to the tennessee, for good measure." 


Orange-crowned Warbler (Leiothlypis celata) (1)
- Reported Oct 07, 2026 16:30 by Joshua Lam
- Green-Wood Cemetery, Brooklyn, Kings, New York
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=40.6523083,-73.9904281&ll=40.6523083,-73.9904281
- Checklist: https://ebird.org/checklist/S400123505
- Comments: "wildflower meadow; first reported by Shayna Zed; great looks: light gray head, olive back, yellow undersides, barely perceptible blurry streaking below; broken eye ring with eyeline, wouldn't say faint but not nearly as bold as TEWA; keeping relatively secretive in tall grasses and consorting with swamp sparrows"

"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns."
— George Eliot

--