American Bittern (Botaurus lentiginosus) (1)
- Reported Sep 19, 2026 18:35 by Victoria Liu
- Prospect Park--Prospect Lake, Kings, New York
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=40.6553787,-73.9686421&ll=40.6553787,-73.9686421
- Checklist: https://ebird.org/checklist/S394394247
- Comments: "Standing in the reeds at the edge of the water, on a log. Golden colored with vertical streaks. Size of maybe a goose; slender with long neck/ intense eyes. Saw a face-on view with the beak upturned to the sky, and then saw a side profile of it as it skulked away into the thick reeds. It seemed to point its beak to the sky when it saw me, I put down my binoculars for a moment, and when I looked back, it was skulking away."
- Reported Sep 19, 2026 18:35 by Victoria Liu
- Prospect Park--Prospect Lake, Kings, New York
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=40.6553787,-73.9686421&ll=40.6553787,-73.9686421
- Checklist: https://ebird.org/checklist/S394394247
- Comments: "Standing in the reeds at the edge of the water, on a log. Golden colored with vertical streaks. Size of maybe a goose; slender with long neck/ intense eyes. Saw a face-on view with the beak upturned to the sky, and then saw a side profile of it as it skulked away into the thick reeds. It seemed to point its beak to the sky when it saw me, I put down my binoculars for a moment, and when I looked back, it was skulking away."
"Learn from yesterday. Live for today. Look to tomorrow. Rest this afternoon."
Snoopy, "Peanuts"