Yellow-throated Vireo (Vireo flavifrons) (1)
- Reported Sep 19, 2026 07:33 by Ant Taboada
- Prospect Park, Kings, New York
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=40.6602841,-73.9689534&ll=40.6602841,-73.9689534
- Checklist: https://ebird.org/checklist/S394335928
- Comments: "Uncommon fall migrant, but somehow did not have any of these this past spring. Really frustrating encounter, as is often the case with these during migration, at least for me. Seen very briefly near carousel, and I stuck around for a while to try to refind it with no luck. Small but stocky passerine with bright yellow head and spectacles, bold wingbars, and white undertail. Photos are complete garbage but *might* be diagnostic."
"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns."
— George Eliot
--
- Reported Sep 19, 2026 07:33 by Ant Taboada
- Prospect Park, Kings, New York
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=40.6602841,-73.9689534&ll=40.6602841,-73.9689534
- Checklist: https://ebird.org/checklist/S394335928
- Comments: "Uncommon fall migrant, but somehow did not have any of these this past spring. Really frustrating encounter, as is often the case with these during migration, at least for me. Seen very briefly near carousel, and I stuck around for a while to try to refind it with no luck. Small but stocky passerine with bright yellow head and spectacles, bold wingbars, and white undertail. Photos are complete garbage but *might* be diagnostic."
"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns."
— George Eliot
--