Monday, May 1, 2017

patience at the Esdale bridge

After work I decided to do a little sit at the Esdale Bridge.My hope was to see those early warblers Shane saw.Instead I get a nice start of warblers for my spring list . A little patience goes a long way.

An hour watching and waiting looking at the bird pool on the south side of the bridge did provide nice birds. Heading the WARBLER array, an early BLACKPOLL WARBLER bathe in the running water. That was the precursor to a welcomed PRAIRIE WARBLER that landed on the rock farther back. Other bathing warblers: NORTHERN PARULA,YELLOW,YELLOW RUMPED,BLACK AND WHITE  & NORTHERN WATERTHRUSH.

The WARBLERS had company. I saw also WARBLING VIREO,RUBY CROWNED KINGLET,CEDAR WAXWING ( that kept chasing away the Yellow WARBLER) ànd RED WINGED BLACKBIRD.

So a good start to begin May birding in my " catchup" to spring warblers.